The Festive Quiz: Answers
08 January 2022
How many did you get right? Here are the answers to last week's Festive Quiz..
Answers are highlighted in bold.
- If driving racecourse to racecourse which is the shorter travel distance and by how many kilometres?
Cagnes-sur-Mer to Marseille Borely (193km)
Paris Longchamp to Deauville? (195km)
- The Listed Prix Yacowlef (1000m) has been held at Chantilly since 2016. Where was it held previously?
- El Morucho in a steeplechase at Nantes in 1972 was the first winner for which handler?
- Which American jockey rode the 1993 French 2000 Guineas (Poule d'Essai des Poulains) winner Kingmambo?
A - Steve Cauthen B - Jerry Bailey C - Cash Asmussen D - Gary Stevens
- In July, which French-trained horse was an impressive winner of the G2 King George Stakes (1000m) at the Goodwood Festival in the UK?
A - Air De Valse B - Berneuil C - Suesa
- How many French tracks took part in the 2021 Crystal Cup?
A - 3 B - 5 C - 6
Pour Moi famously won the G1 Epsom Derby (2400m) (UK) under jockey Mickael Barzalona but in what year?
A – 2010 B – 2011 C – 2012
- Sagaro won three consecutive G1 Ascot Gold Cups (4200m) (UK) between 1975 and 1977, who was the trainer?
A - François Boutin B - Alain de Royer-Dupré C - Freddy Head
- Which top flat trainer has won the G1 Grand Steeplechase de Paris (6000m) as both a jockey and trainer?
In November, which driver secured his 200th winner in the sulky this season, courtesy of Huta Jazz?
A - Yoann Lebourgeois B - Eric Raffin C - Jean-Michel Bazire
- Which veteran jump jockey rode his first Group race winner on La Danza at Auteuil in November?
- Since 1995 three horses have registered back-to-back victories in the G1 Grand Steeplechase de Paris (6000m). Which of these didn't?
Which ex-French trained horse won the final race part of the 2021 Crystal Cup Cross-Country challenge at Cheltenham (UK) in December?
A - Easysland B - Diesel D'Allier C - Blason D'Or
Which trainer recently secured their first Group One success when winning the G1 Criterium Des 3 Ans (2700m) with Idyllee Speed.
A - Tony Le Beller B - Laurent-Claude Abrivard C - François Pierre Bossuet
- Enhanced Form: Prix de Cornulier
- Stats Guide: Prix de Cornulier
- Nicolas Bridault: Can Fantaisie Maintain Her Winning Streak?
- Run of the Week (Trotting)
- Statistic Of The Week
- Weekly Round Up
- News In Brief
- Preview: Prix de Belgique
- Moment Of The Month: December 2021
- Julius Le Tutour: Head of the Trotting Temple