Waldgeist, Talismanic warm up at Les Aigles
03 October 2018
Tuesday morning, on the circular track of Les Aigles, there was much anticipation as André Fabre’s principal Arc hopes made their way onto the hallowed Chantilly ground. Talismanic, highly recognisable with his four white socks and large blaze, and Waldgeist, most impressive in the Prix Foy three weeks ago and unbeaten of four occasions this year over the classic distance.
For their final piece before the big day, the pair worked together in company with their respective jockeys, Mickaël Barzalona and Pierre-Charles Boudot. As is the norm for the handler, just a few days out from a big rendezvous, his charges were economical with their efforts and were given just a canter. It was quite clear that both appeared to be in excellent shape.
A few lengths back, Prix Vermeille winner, Kitesurf (who had been taken out of the Arc on Tuesday morning) and Lady Frankel carried out their own work in good order, and both will line up for the Prix de l’Opéra on Sunday.
Fabre’s third Arc representative, Cloth Of Stars, was absent from the lot, having worked the day before on polytrack, in the company of Gyllen.
Picture: Waldgeist (near side) and Talismanic in their final piece of work on Tuesday morning
- Gotland under threat from Prat’s General in Critérium des Jeunes
- Majestic Express wins Prix de France
- Belina en route to second Prix de France success
- [VIDEO] African Atmosphere - Special Day @Vincennes
- Dexter confirms with Ile de France victory
- PMU, world’s 3rd largest pool operator, will exhibit at ICE
- Dexter firmly on course for Ile de France glory
- Bazire band stands out as Belina wins the day
- Nothing to be taken for granted in Prix d’Amérique 2019
- [VIDEO] Grand Prix d’Amérique (27/01)