Veloce Du Banney vies for Paul Buquet double
28 November 2017
A good field of twelve has been declared for Thursday’s Vincennes highlight, the G.II Prix Paul Buquet monté race covering 2850m on the outer course.
Winner of this race twelve months ago, Veloce Du Banney is sure to be sent off well-supported. He has been particularly solid of late and although not having won for almost a year, five of his nine career successes have been obtained in the month of December.
Principal opposition can expect to take the form of Alpha Saltor who has not once finished out of the frame in this code all year. He has been prepared with care by handler Daniel Béthouart and returns to Vincennes with a good hand to play.
Athena De Vandel, the lone Group 1 winner in the field, can also expect to garner support, but will still need to improve on her fifth place to Veloce Du Banney in the G.II Prix Reynolds. According to trainer Cédric Mégissier, she has come on well since then and believes the extended trip will work to her advantage.
Veteran Tornado Bello, who is a model of consistency under the saddle, incurs the 25m penalty and will see his prospects reduced to a minor place chance, however the x-factor in the race could well prove to be the Björn Goop-trained Julio De Luxe who has been dynamic since switching codes and looks eminently capable of holding his own at this level.
Picture: Veloce du Banney
- Britain takes on Ireland in Prix Morny
- Jockey-Club stars to cross swords at Deauville
- Alpha Centauri all class in Jacques le Marois
- Alpha Centauri the pick of Jacques le Marois field
- Prix Jacques le Marois 2018 runners
- Maurice de Gheest number seven for Freddy Head
- Brando chases further Maurice de Gheest glory
- French trotters making American history this Sunday
- With You canters to Rothschild victory
- [VIDEO] Meeting de Deauville Barrière