Veloce Du Banney vies for Paul Buquet double
28 November 2017
A good field of twelve has been declared for Thursday’s Vincennes highlight, the G.II Prix Paul Buquet monté race covering 2850m on the outer course.
Winner of this race twelve months ago, Veloce Du Banney is sure to be sent off well-supported. He has been particularly solid of late and although not having won for almost a year, five of his nine career successes have been obtained in the month of December.
Principal opposition can expect to take the form of Alpha Saltor who has not once finished out of the frame in this code all year. He has been prepared with care by handler Daniel Béthouart and returns to Vincennes with a good hand to play.
Athena De Vandel, the lone Group 1 winner in the field, can also expect to garner support, but will still need to improve on her fifth place to Veloce Du Banney in the G.II Prix Reynolds. According to trainer Cédric Mégissier, she has come on well since then and believes the extended trip will work to her advantage.
Veteran Tornado Bello, who is a model of consistency under the saddle, incurs the 25m penalty and will see his prospects reduced to a minor place chance, however the x-factor in the race could well prove to be the Björn Goop-trained Julio De Luxe who has been dynamic since switching codes and looks eminently capable of holding his own at this level.
Picture: Veloce du Banney
- Folelli strikes right note in Critérium des Jeunes
- Ready Cash prowess on show in Critérium des Jeunes
- Belina exacts revenge on Bold Eagle in Prix de France
- Viva Technology 2018: PMU challenges start-ups on future customer pathways
- Propulsion, Bold Eagle head Prix de France field
- VIDEO - Learn more about revolutionary EPIQE Tracking
- PMU at ICE to confirm its status as a key player in the global gaming market
- Traders comes off best in Ile de France thriller
- Traders bids to complement Cornulier success
- Readly Express secures Prix d’Amérique ahead of Bold Eagle