Ready Cash prowess on show in Critérium des Jeunes
16 February 2018
The Critérium des Jeunes, renamed the Prix Comte Pierre de Montesson in 2016, is quite simply the most prestigious three year-old harness race on the French calendar. On Sunday, ten years on from the success of Ready Cash, a number of his offspring will vie to emulate the champion’s feat in this valuable Group 1, 2700m event.
Fly With Us, who won six on the trot before breaking into a gallop in the G.II Prix Roquépine earlier in the month, will attempt to make amends and should, if applied, have his way. Eric Raffin seldom fails to reason his way through a situation and will have the full backing of handler Philippe Allaire.
The master trainer will also send out G.II Prix Maurice de Gheest winner, Feeling Cash, and dynamic G.II Prix Paul Viel winner, Fastissime - two other quality colts by the esteemed sire.
The Sébastien Guarato-trained Follow You (Ready Cash - Mara Bourbon) is the principal threat to the Allaire trio. Fanina Des Racques took advantage of Fly With Us’s fault to secure the Prix Roquépine and has every chance of finishing in the money. Maurice de Gheest, runner-up, Fifty Kalouma, was less effective last time but is still capable of putting on a good show. Folelli (Timoko) and File Gin (Repeat Love) are the best prospects of scuppering the Ready Cash progeny’s chances of lifting the most coveted three year-old prize on offer.
Picture: Fly With Us
- VIDEO - Dubai World Cup 2018 Teaser
- Air Pilot flies as Garlingari disappoints
- Garlingari favoured for Prix Exbury double
- German Tote (PMU Group) accelerates
- Eagle breezes to Critérium de Vitesse success
- Guarato, Allaire face off in Critérium de Vitesse
- Bird on course for Critérium de Vitesse victory
- Davidson trounces Sélection opposition
- E’s have the edge in Prix de Sélection
- Bird Parker on the money in Prix de Paris