Ready Cash prowess on show in Critérium des Jeunes
16 February 2018
The Critérium des Jeunes, renamed the Prix Comte Pierre de Montesson in 2016, is quite simply the most prestigious three year-old harness race on the French calendar. On Sunday, ten years on from the success of Ready Cash, a number of his offspring will vie to emulate the champion’s feat in this valuable Group 1, 2700m event.
Fly With Us, who won six on the trot before breaking into a gallop in the G.II Prix Roquépine earlier in the month, will attempt to make amends and should, if applied, have his way. Eric Raffin seldom fails to reason his way through a situation and will have the full backing of handler Philippe Allaire.
The master trainer will also send out G.II Prix Maurice de Gheest winner, Feeling Cash, and dynamic G.II Prix Paul Viel winner, Fastissime - two other quality colts by the esteemed sire.
The Sébastien Guarato-trained Follow You (Ready Cash - Mara Bourbon) is the principal threat to the Allaire trio. Fanina Des Racques took advantage of Fly With Us’s fault to secure the Prix Roquépine and has every chance of finishing in the money. Maurice de Gheest, runner-up, Fifty Kalouma, was less effective last time but is still capable of putting on a good show. Folelli (Timoko) and File Gin (Repeat Love) are the best prospects of scuppering the Ready Cash progeny’s chances of lifting the most coveted three year-old prize on offer.
Picture: Fly With Us
- De Bon Coeur unrivalled in Hypothèse comeback
- Quality in depth for Bois de Vincennes 2019
- Soleil secures first group race of 2019
- Bressou set to strike Troytown note with Blue
- Express clinches Critérium de Vitesse
- Superb match on the cards in Critérium de Vitesse
- Bourbon routs Prix de Sélection field
- Davidson, Bourbon face off in Prix de Sélection
- Belina secures Prix de Paris ahead of Tony Gio
- Belina all set for Grand Prix de Paris bid