25 September 2015
Without any 4-year-old trotters in the field, this year's Prix des Elites (Gr.1 - 2,200m) will be held between eight 3-year-olds starting with a 50-metre advantage in front of two 5-year-olds. If the elder counterparts haven't won the chase-race since 2006 (that was Nouba Turgot in 2006), it should be a fine event between Che Jenilou, the leader of his generation under saddle,
23 September 2015
The upcoming €240,000 Prix des Élites (September 27) is the last of Vincennes’s four summer-festival Group 1s. Just like its harness equivalent, the Prix de l’Étoile, the event will attract some of the best 3-5yos of the day under saddle and is run over the same distance (2200m), with a 50-metre advantage for the 3yos who must remain shod...
21 September 2015
Only 8 runners went to post in the G3 Coupe de Maisons-Laffitte today, but it was a quality field. Not seen since their disappointment in the Prince of Wales’s Stakes at Ascot, it looked like a match between Ectot and Gailo Chop before the off. With Christophe Soumillon up, Antoine de Watrigant’s Gailo Chop finally came out on top with an easy 4-length win, leaving Al Waab and Ectot back in second and third spot.
- Japan fulfils his contract
- Ballydoyle looks set for Grand Prix de Paris double
- Too Darn Hot just that in Prix Jean Prat
- Too Darn Hot looks Jean Prat pick
- Coronet gets it right at second time of asking
- Morgan to defend French honour in Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud
- Outstanding talent on show at Vincennes this Sunday
- Channel outpaces Commes to lift Diane
- Royer Dupré confident of further Diane success
- Mullins the adjudicator as plaudits spread evenly at Auteuil