04 January 2016
Unlike either of the previous two preps for the Prix d’Amérique, yesterday’s Gr.II Prix de Bourgogne was a romp in the plainest sense of the term, and a sign of things to come it could very well prove. One short of the fifteen went to post following the withdrawal of likely favourite Texas Charm for the 2100m Autostart event and quite a show it turned out to be.
31 December 2015
A classy fifteen are expected to make an appearance for the Prix de Bourgogne on Sunday at Vincennes. Considered the third of four recognised preparatory races for the Prix d’Amérique on 31 January, this Gr.II differs from the end-of-month highlight in that it is an autostart event run over 2100m. Italian catch-driver Roberto Andrighetti takes over from Franck Nivard in the sulky for Un Mec D’Hériprée.
28 December 2015
What a day it proved for Franck Nivard, winning two and finishing runner-up in a third group contest yesterday at the home of French trotting. Lionel, the Norwegian star trained by Frenchman Fabrice Souloy, had an imperative in the Gr.II Prix Ténor de Baune at Vincennes - to win it and qualify for that most coveted of prizes, the Prix d’Amérique.
- Japan fulfils his contract
- Ballydoyle looks set for Grand Prix de Paris double
- Too Darn Hot just that in Prix Jean Prat
- Too Darn Hot looks Jean Prat pick
- Coronet gets it right at second time of asking
- Morgan to defend French honour in Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud
- Outstanding talent on show at Vincennes this Sunday
- Channel outpaces Commes to lift Diane
- Royer Dupré confident of further Diane success
- Mullins the adjudicator as plaudits spread evenly at Auteuil