02 March 2015
Trainer Sébastien Guarato and his very smart 4yo Bold Eagle squared off the last day of the Vincennes Winter Festival on the same high note they had started it. As winners of the Meeting’s first Group 1, the Criterium des 3 Ans, they came full circle by impressively bagging Saturday’s Prix de Sélection. The 4/10 favourite took up the running in the plain and, as expected, skated home in fine style under the skilful hands of driver Franck Nivard.
28 February 2015
This week, thanks to the Quinté+, 3 punters win more than €100 000 and another wins the jackpot of €2.4 million. Saturday 21st February, a parisian punter won €213 753,80 playing a Quinté+ Combiné Flexi 50%. Sunday 22nd February, 2 punters from Joinville-le-Pont (94 - Val-de-Marne) and from Yffiniac (22 - Côtes-d'Armor) won €133 032 each, playing respectively a unit Quinté+ and a Quinté+ spOt. Last but not least, Tuesday 24th February, in Hennebont (56 - Morbihan), the jackpot has been won for the 4th time this year by a punter who won more than €2.4 million!
27 February 2015
Vincennes’ Winter Festival draws to an end tomorrow, Saturday 28th, where Sébastien Guarato’s cracking 4yo Bold Eagle, looks very hard to beat in the final Group 1 of the meeting, the Prix de Sélection. Since joining the talented trainer’s yard, owner Pierre Pilarski’s recent acquisition has really hit the heights, notably when bagging the Critérium des 3 Ans in December (photo, Franck Nivard up).
- Courageous Balkan wins Prix du Président
- Nicolle stars face off in Léon Rambaud
- Bold Eagle set for Prix de l’Atlantique double
- Barzalona takes Longchamp plaudits
- Girls have the edge in Vincennes features
- Air Pilot earns Ganay ticket
- Tough test for Milord Thomas in Prix Murat
- Vazirabad is sensational as Soumillon steals the show in Dubai
- French-trained runners dominate in All-Weather Championships at Lingfield
- Holdthasigreen trounces rivals in Prix Right Royal