11 October 2017
“Don’t these colours look good on me, boss?” Jean-Bernard Eyquem mischievously enquired of Jean-Claude Rouget at the scales following his victory on Zafiro in the Gr.3 Prix André Baboin at Bordeaux on Tuesday. After having played sparring partner to Almanzor for much of 2016, yesterday’s success was particularly satisfying...
09 October 2017
It was something of a red-letter day for Guillaume Macaire on Sunday as his horses dominated three of the four graded races on the Auteuil programme. First up was the most valuable event of the card, the G.II Prix Georges de Talhouet-Roy, for three year-old hurdlers, and it was the least-fancied of his runners, Master Dino, who...
06 October 2017
The Prix Georges de Talhouet-Roy is the feature race on Sunday’s card at Auteuil, which incorporates no fewer than four graded races. This G.II hurdles event restricted to three year-olds, run over 3600m (2m), looks to be Guillaume Macaire’s for the taking. In the five-strong field he is responsible for 60% of the runners and sends out the...
- Le Toiny springs Montgomery surprise
- Prix Montgomery draws fresh blood
- Tight fight expected in Critérium de Maisons-Laffitte
- Bordeaux offers Zafiro maiden group win
- Macaire juggernaut firing on all cylinders
- Macaire set to dominate Auteuil proceedings
- Enable confirms with dominant Arc performance
- Winter on Enable and Ulysses’ tail in the Arc
- Gala Saturday at Chantilly
- Left Hand out of Arc. Others stand ground