Nicolle stars face off in Léon Rambaud
20 April 2018
De Bon Coeur and Alex De Larredya, respectively winner and runner-up of last month’s Prix Hypothèse, find themselves going head-to-head again in Sunday’s G.II Prix Léon Rambaud at Auteuil.
Stepping up 400m to 4300m (2m6½f), this could well be the final prep race for the François Nicolle -trained pair prior to another likely clash in the Grande Course de Haies which takes place on 20th May. With ten wins from eleven racecourse appearances, De Bon Coeur will take all the beating. According to jockey, Thomas Gueguen, “She can do everything”, and Nicolle has signalled his satisfaction with the two-times G.I winner’s present condition.
As for stablemate Alex De Larredya, he too has a brace of top-level wins to his name (Grand Prix d’Automne 2016 & 2017). While he may have finished six lengths behind in the Hypothèse, he was however making his first start since November and was also giving 6kg to the winner. On Sunday, the weight differential will be reduced and his handler is confident of a big run.
Others in with a reasonable shout include Galop Marin, Alti Piano and Pop Art Du Berlais.
Picture: Nicolle's De Bon Coeur (right) & Alex De Larredya
- Talhouët-Roy plaudits for Beaumec
- Who’s the one to beat in UET final
- Enable confirms with second Arc success
- Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe. A little trivia
- ANSWERS - How well do you know the Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe race?
- Dettori primed to set new Arc record
- Waldgeist, Talismanic warm up at Les Aigles
- Way To Paris in good order ahead of Arc
- [VIDEO] Qatar Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe
- Haggas positive about Sea Of Class Arc bid