Leblanc’s sights fixed on second successive Critérium
03 May 2018
After having picked up the Critérium des 3 Ans five months ago following the late disqualification of Eridan, and given neither he nor Ecu Pierji will be present, Franck Leblanc’s Erminig D’Oliverie finds herself in the enviable position of being well-placed to win Sunday's Critérium des 4 Ans too. Should she succeed in her Vincennes endeavours, she will become just the fourth filly since 1970 to secure the coveted Group 1 prize.
Of her fourteen able adversaries, one in particular stands out. Pierre Vercruysse has always thought highly of Express Jet even though the colt has yet to win at a level superior to Group 3. He finished a valiant second to the classy, and older, Davidson Du Pont in the G.I Prix de Sélection when barefoot for the first time, leaving Leblanc’s filly in his wake, and with shoes off again could have her measure once more.
There is sure to be considerable support for the rising star of his generation, Earl Simon, following his impressive G.II Prix Gaston Brunet victory just two weeks ago. Sébastien Guarato’s Ever Pride just had his measure earlier in the month and also looks a serious prospect. Enino Du Pommereux, Elea Madrik, recent surprise G.II Prix Gaston de Wazières winner, Estola, and Elisione Mag can pick up some of the remaining scraps.
Picture: Erminig d'Oliverie
- Fortune and misfortune for Bird and Belina
- Bird Parker vies for Belgique double
- [VIDEO] Grand Prix de Belgique
- Cottin ends Cagnes meet on a high note
- Cagnes jumps meet to end on a high note
- Bold Eagle back on track following Bourgogne success
- For Readly Express, “the aim is the Prix d’Amérique, nothing else”
- Amérique winners cross swords in Prix de Bourgogne
- Eridan magnificent while Looking simply superb
- Younger generations on show at Vincennes