Home Brigade Set to Dominate Prix d’Automne
01 November 2018
This renewal of the 350 000,00 Euros Group I Grand Prix d'Automne might seem to have come up a little light at first glance but that is hardly the case as the rapidly improving Galop Marin representing the Bressou/Regairez combination looks to have major claims after taking the Group III Prix Carmarthen here last month where he beat the reopposing trio of Titi De Montmartre , Dalia Grandchamp and Miss Salsa Blue.
There was very little separating the foursome there and connections of all the above contestants will be fancying their chances of ultimate glory. English trainer Nick Williams is sending over two contenders from Britain with Le Rocher and Aubusson but might struggle against the home brigade. Azucardel will have a solid chance too at what should be a good return price. Ground conditions are likely to be on the soft side which should not inconvenience any of the runners. All is set fair for a great race and it will be no surprise to see a very close finish on what is a very good card on the first day of the Weekend de l'Obstacle.
Picture: Galop Marin
- De Bon Coeur unrivalled in Hypothèse comeback
- Quality in depth for Bois de Vincennes 2019
- Soleil secures first group race of 2019
- Bressou set to strike Troytown note with Blue
- Express clinches Critérium de Vitesse
- Superb match on the cards in Critérium de Vitesse
- Bourbon routs Prix de Sélection field
- Davidson, Bourbon face off in Prix de Sélection
- Belina secures Prix de Paris ahead of Tony Gio
- Belina all set for Grand Prix de Paris bid