Home Brigade Set to Dominate Prix d’Automne
01 November 2018
This renewal of the 350 000,00 Euros Group I Grand Prix d'Automne might seem to have come up a little light at first glance but that is hardly the case as the rapidly improving Galop Marin representing the Bressou/Regairez combination looks to have major claims after taking the Group III Prix Carmarthen here last month where he beat the reopposing trio of Titi De Montmartre , Dalia Grandchamp and Miss Salsa Blue.
There was very little separating the foursome there and connections of all the above contestants will be fancying their chances of ultimate glory. English trainer Nick Williams is sending over two contenders from Britain with Le Rocher and Aubusson but might struggle against the home brigade. Azucardel will have a solid chance too at what should be a good return price. Ground conditions are likely to be on the soft side which should not inconvenience any of the runners. All is set fair for a great race and it will be no surprise to see a very close finish on what is a very good card on the first day of the Weekend de l'Obstacle.
Picture: Galop Marin
- Mullins, Macaire shine while Pacault steals Grand Steeple show
- Grand Steeple-chase de Paris
- Nicolle confident of Coeur’s Grande Course de Haies chances
- Classic clean sweep for Godolphin
- Godolphin well armed for French Guineas’
- Remarkable Falcao secures Critérium des 4 Ans
- No shortage of quality for Critérium des 4 Ans
- Waldgeist steals Prix Ganay show
- Ghaiyyath the pick in Prix Ganay
- Looking Superb lives up to his name