Haggas positive about Sea Of Class Arc bid
01 October 2018
Next Sunday, Willie Haggas will saddle Sea Of Class for the €5m Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in the hope that his filly can follow in the footsteps of sire, Sea The Stars, and granddam, Urban Sea, who both represented the Tsui family in their respectively successful Arc bows (1993 & 2009).
The family has only had horses in training with the Newmarket-based handler since last year but are adamant about coming to Paris at the weekend to watch her run, and have insisted that whatever happens, she will stay in training next season.
Said Haggas of her chances, “Obviously, Enable was very impressive on her return, but her Kempton performance was not comparable to what she produced in the Arc. She will have to be much better on Sunday. The going will be an important factor. If the ground is soft, it will help Cracksman. However, I don’t think he is as effective on good ground, in comparison to Sea Of Class, who is at her best on a fast track. As for her rivals, I was impressed by André Fabre’s Waldgeist who was a good winner of the Prix Foy. He is sure to be in top form and will be a tough adversary. That said, at Saint-Cloud, he only beat Coronet by a head, who we beat well at York. It augurs well for us but anything can happen in the Arc.”
Picture: Sea of Class and James Doyle after winning the Irish Oaks
- Gotland under threat from Prat’s General in Critérium des Jeunes
- Majestic Express wins Prix de France
- Belina en route to second Prix de France success
- [VIDEO] African Atmosphere - Special Day @Vincennes
- Dexter confirms with Ile de France victory
- PMU, world’s 3rd largest pool operator, will exhibit at ICE
- Dexter firmly on course for Ile de France glory
- Bazire band stands out as Belina wins the day
- Nothing to be taken for granted in Prix d’Amérique 2019
- [VIDEO] Grand Prix d’Amérique (27/01)