Haggas positive about Sea Of Class Arc bid
01 October 2018
Next Sunday, Willie Haggas will saddle Sea Of Class for the €5m Prix de l’Arc de Triomphe in the hope that his filly can follow in the footsteps of sire, Sea The Stars, and granddam, Urban Sea, who both represented the Tsui family in their respectively successful Arc bows (1993 & 2009).
The family has only had horses in training with the Newmarket-based handler since last year but are adamant about coming to Paris at the weekend to watch her run, and have insisted that whatever happens, she will stay in training next season.
Said Haggas of her chances, “Obviously, Enable was very impressive on her return, but her Kempton performance was not comparable to what she produced in the Arc. She will have to be much better on Sunday. The going will be an important factor. If the ground is soft, it will help Cracksman. However, I don’t think he is as effective on good ground, in comparison to Sea Of Class, who is at her best on a fast track. As for her rivals, I was impressed by André Fabre’s Waldgeist who was a good winner of the Prix Foy. He is sure to be in top form and will be a tough adversary. That said, at Saint-Cloud, he only beat Coronet by a head, who we beat well at York. It augurs well for us but anything can happen in the Arc.”
Picture: Sea of Class and James Doyle after winning the Irish Oaks
- Face Time validates with commanding Critérium victory
- Bourbon takes on Allaire duo in Critérium des 3 Ans
- Delia, Belina star in thrilling Prix du Bourbonnais
- Can a barefoot Bold lift Bourbonnais?
- [VIDEO] Grand Prix du Bourbonnais
- Cleangame outrun by stablemate in GNT final
- Cleangame set to wrap up GNT
- Srelighonn springs Georges Courtois surprise
- Macaire’s Blue primed for Georges Courtois victory
- [VIDEO] PMU Tracking