Green Grass registers first Group I win in Prix Pierre Comte de Montesson
17 February 2019
The Group I Prix Comte Pierre de Montesson run at Vincennes this Sunday was a race full of twists and turns, Golden Bridge was the fastest in action and took the early lead ahead of stablemate Gatsby Perrine. Sébastien Guarato’s charge Green Grass made her move about a mile from the finish and got to the front, slowing down the pace significantly in the process. Golden Bridge gave a good challenge to the filly in the home straight but had to settle for the second place, a nose behind Green Grass who offered Guarato a third victory in this Group I and giving at the same time champion trotter Bold Eagle a first classic winner as a stallion.
Trainer Guarato had warned before that he had not train such a good filly since 2014 winner Billie de Montfort. The Bold Eagle offspring was racing for the first time against the colts today and came on top in a hard-fought finish. She still is lightly-raced and looks a very promising prospect for the upcoming season.
Picture. Green Grass (far side) gets the edge on Golden Bridge in Pierre de Montesson
- Earthlight, Coronet stand out at Deauville
- Stars take to Deauville for high-class card
- Irish deprive locals of Jacques le Marois spoils
- Watch Me out to prove her worth in Jacques le Marois
- Advertise delivers Dettori Group I dozen
- Deirdre springs Nassau Stakes surprise
- Polydream out for Maurice de Gheest double
- Laurens back to her best in Prix Rothschild
- Strong British flavour for Prix Rothschild
- A’Ali proves too strong in Robert Papin