Green Grass registers first Group I win in Prix Pierre Comte de Montesson
17 February 2019
The Group I Prix Comte Pierre de Montesson run at Vincennes this Sunday was a race full of twists and turns, Golden Bridge was the fastest in action and took the early lead ahead of stablemate Gatsby Perrine. Sébastien Guarato’s charge Green Grass made her move about a mile from the finish and got to the front, slowing down the pace significantly in the process. Golden Bridge gave a good challenge to the filly in the home straight but had to settle for the second place, a nose behind Green Grass who offered Guarato a third victory in this Group I and giving at the same time champion trotter Bold Eagle a first classic winner as a stallion.
Trainer Guarato had warned before that he had not train such a good filly since 2014 winner Billie de Montfort. The Bold Eagle offspring was racing for the first time against the colts today and came on top in a hard-fought finish. She still is lightly-raced and looks a very promising prospect for the upcoming season.
Picture. Green Grass (far side) gets the edge on Golden Bridge in Pierre de Montesson
- De Bon Coeur unrivalled in Hypothèse comeback
- Quality in depth for Bois de Vincennes 2019
- Soleil secures first group race of 2019
- Bressou set to strike Troytown note with Blue
- Express clinches Critérium de Vitesse
- Superb match on the cards in Critérium de Vitesse
- Bourbon routs Prix de Sélection field
- Davidson, Bourbon face off in Prix de Sélection
- Belina secures Prix de Paris ahead of Tony Gio
- Belina all set for Grand Prix de Paris bid