French-trained runners dominate in All-Weather Championships at Lingfield
31 March 2018
French raiders had a fantastic day at Lingfield Park in England on Good Friday with three wins and a fourth place from four runners in the valuable All-Weather Championships.
First up Maxime Guyon produced Funny Kid in the last few strides to take the Marathon Stakes for Christophe Ferland. While at the other end of the distance scale the Stéphane Wattel-trained City Light found plenty in the closing stages, despite his high head carriage and a bad draw, to land the Sprint just over an hour later.
Wattel was full of praise for the son of Siyouni: “I was not worried too much about the wide draw as we didn't want to get trapped on the inside. I knew he had the speed to follow the pace and that we had options. I was very pleased with the way the jockey rode the race. This was my dream”
The jockey in question was Theo Bachelot, who went on to complete a double in the Mile on Joël Boisnard’s Lucky Team, who was sent off at 40/1 in the local betting. Olivier Peslier guided King Malpic, trained by Thierry Lemer, into fourth place in the same race to complete an excellent afternoon for the French contingent.
Picture: City Light
- Face Time validates with commanding Critérium victory
- Bourbon takes on Allaire duo in Critérium des 3 Ans
- Delia, Belina star in thrilling Prix du Bourbonnais
- Can a barefoot Bold lift Bourbonnais?
- [VIDEO] Grand Prix du Bourbonnais
- Cleangame outrun by stablemate in GNT final
- Cleangame set to wrap up GNT
- Srelighonn springs Georges Courtois surprise
- Macaire’s Blue primed for Georges Courtois victory
- [VIDEO] PMU Tracking