Folelli strikes right note in Critérium des Jeunes
18 February 2018
It was a day to forget for the Philippe Allaire camp with all three runners, including odds-on favourite Fly With Us, falling foul of stride problems in the G.I Critérium des Jeunes at Vincennes yesterday, but it was an afternoon to remember for the Alexandre Abrivard - Frédéric Prat tandem who lifted the event with Folelli at a generous 17/1.
Billed as a battle of Ready Cash offspring, Fly With Us was the first to be sanctioned just metres following the break. Feeling Cash was disqualified less than 500m further on, and Fastissime was sent into a gallop by Fortaleza. Sébastien Guarato’s Follow You led coming into the straight but finished one-paced and came in fifth.
None of this should take away from Folelli’s performance and the drive she received from the young Abrivard. Always in touch with the leader Follow You, she spent much of the race upsides Fifty Kalouma. Half way around the final turn Abrivard disposed of his company and was soon chasing down Follow You who went flat with 200m to race. This left Folelli with a clear advantage and although attacked by Fend La Bise in the latter stages she still won comfortably. Fabriz Du Gite just held on for third from File Gin.
Picture: Folelli winning the Criterium des Jeunes on Sunday
- Delia, Belina star in thrilling Prix du Bourbonnais
- Can a barefoot Bold lift Bourbonnais?
- [VIDEO] Grand Prix du Bourbonnais
- Cleangame outrun by stablemate in GNT final
- Cleangame set to wrap up GNT
- Srelighonn springs Georges Courtois surprise
- Macaire’s Blue primed for Georges Courtois victory
- [VIDEO] PMU Tracking
- Majestic Davidson stands out in Prix de Bretagne
- Eagle set to make amends for 2017