Few surprises as Abrivard maintains winning streak
07 January 2018
The weekend got off to a flying start for the recently-crowned champion jockey, Alexandre Abrivard, who guided Dragon Du Fresne to a facile G.II Prix Léon Tacquet success on Saturday, reassuring connections following an early disqualification in the G.II Prix Emile Riotteau two weeks earlier. He encountered no resistance over his preferred trip of 2175m, with second and third-placed Dragon D’Avril and Daytona Jet finishing some way off the pace.
The following day, Abrivard struck again with the ever-consistent Bilibili who kept his reputation intact with an authoritative performance to win the G.II Prix du Calvados, the final recognised prep for the G.I Prix du Cornulier in a fortnight’s time. Bohemian Rhapsody and Catalogne finished fast to come second and third respectively. The unbeaten Traders dead-heated with Cyprien Des Bordes for fourth.
In the markets, just three horses attracted any attention for G.II Prix de Tonnac-Villeneuve, run an hour later. Erminig D’Oliverie, who was to win the G.I Critérium des 3 Ans by default following the disqualification of Eridan, imposed with full credit this time, relegating Guarato’s colt into second. Enino Du Pommereux defied odds of 26/1 to finish third from multiple group-winner Ecu Pierji.
Picture: Impressive Calvados winner Bilibil
- Fabre’s Kitesurf clinches Prix Vermeille
- Kitesurf to keep Vermeille trophy in France
- Davidson and Dexter set to shine
- [VIDEO] Qatar Arc Trials
- Prix d’Eté double for Aubrion Du Gers
- Aubrion bids to secure second straight Prix d’Eté
- Davidson pressed hard but secures Critérium
- Davidson looks Critérium des 5 Ans pick
- Unstoppable Loxley wins Grand Prix de Deauville
- Runners: Grand Prix de Deauville 2018