Evidence Roc looks solid in Prix de Vincennes
22 December 2017
With two berths for the Prix d’Amérique up for grabs on Sunday, one each in the G.I Critérium Continental and the G.II Prix Ténor de Baune, the pressure is truly on for many of the brighter elements of the younger generations. The monté discipline, however, is also represented at the highest level, with a quality field of three year-olds taking to the outer course for the 2700m, G.I Prix de Vincennes.
Undisputed leader of his generation in the code, Evidence Roc can be assured the lion’s share of support. After having won four G.II events on the trot, Émilie Le Beller’s filly will attempt to secure her first victory at the highest level. “She has lost nothing of her form. Since her last race, she has not done that much work as she will be racing twice in the space of just two weeks, but she appears to be in really good shape.”
She can still expect opposition from the Philippe Allaire-trained Epatante, who finished runner-up to her in the G.II Prix Raoul Ballière, but in order to beat her will need to be at the top of her game. Elladora De Forgan came close to Le Beller’s filly in the G.II Prix Louis Tillaye, before narrowly defeating Everly in the G.III Prix Urgent, and must be respected.
Other notables include Etoile De Bruyere and Thomas Chalon’s Eureka Vrie. An interesting addition to the field is the untried Franck Anne-trained Critérium des 3 Ans third, Elite Du Ruel, who could pull of something of a surprise if her form transitions.
Picture: Evidence Roc
- Courageous Balkan wins Prix du Président
- Nicolle stars face off in Léon Rambaud
- Bold Eagle set for Prix de l’Atlantique double
- Barzalona takes Longchamp plaudits
- Girls have the edge in Vincennes features
- Air Pilot earns Ganay ticket
- Tough test for Milord Thomas in Prix Murat
- Vazirabad is sensational as Soumillon steals the show in Dubai
- French-trained runners dominate in All-Weather Championships at Lingfield
- Holdthasigreen trounces rivals in Prix Right Royal