Evidence Roc looks solid in Prix de Vincennes
22 December 2017
With two berths for the Prix d’Amérique up for grabs on Sunday, one each in the G.I Critérium Continental and the G.II Prix Ténor de Baune, the pressure is truly on for many of the brighter elements of the younger generations. The monté discipline, however, is also represented at the highest level, with a quality field of three year-olds taking to the outer course for the 2700m, G.I Prix de Vincennes.
Undisputed leader of his generation in the code, Evidence Roc can be assured the lion’s share of support. After having won four G.II events on the trot, Émilie Le Beller’s filly will attempt to secure her first victory at the highest level. “She has lost nothing of her form. Since her last race, she has not done that much work as she will be racing twice in the space of just two weeks, but she appears to be in really good shape.”
She can still expect opposition from the Philippe Allaire-trained Epatante, who finished runner-up to her in the G.II Prix Raoul Ballière, but in order to beat her will need to be at the top of her game. Elladora De Forgan came close to Le Beller’s filly in the G.II Prix Louis Tillaye, before narrowly defeating Everly in the G.III Prix Urgent, and must be respected.
Other notables include Etoile De Bruyere and Thomas Chalon’s Eureka Vrie. An interesting addition to the field is the untried Franck Anne-trained Critérium des 3 Ans third, Elite Du Ruel, who could pull of something of a surprise if her form transitions.
Picture: Evidence Roc
- Kew hands O’Brien third Grand Prix de Paris
- Raiders have Grand Prix de Paris edge
- [VIDEO] JUDDMONTE Grand Prix de Paris
- Intellogent outclasses Jean Prat opposition
- Poule d’Essai winner Olmedo faces stiff Jean Prat test
- Fabre’s Waldgeist clinches Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud
- Fabre on course for further Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud glory
- No shortage of surprises on Vincennes Champion’s Day
- Stiff test for Bold Eagle on Vincennes Champions’ Day
- [VIDEO] Journée des Champions