Enino provides Roger with first Critérium success
06 May 2018
Saturday’s G.I Critérium des 4 Ans at Vincennes fulfilled every bit of its promise, with a ferocious pace, a tight finish and the four most-backed horses filling the first four places.
There was no surprise to see Franck Leblanc’s Erminig D’Oliverie receiving the lion’s share of support but there was little separating her in the markets from eventual winner Enino Du Pommereux (Jean-Michel Bazire), Express Jet and Earl Simon.
Bazire was quick to react to the blistering pace and although forced to come four-wide around the final turn, he unleashed the Sylvain Roger-trained colt, chased down Erminig D’Oliverie, and won by just the smallest of margins. Express Jet and Earl Simon followed the pair in. Setting a race-record chrono of 1’11”7 (edging Akim Du Cap Vert’s 2014 time of 1’11”8), Enino Du Pommereux equalled his personal best and in so doing offered Roger a maiden success at this level.
Franck Leblanc, whose filly had to settle for second, was gracious in defeat, “It is always frustrating to be beaten by so little, but we saw two champions today and I am very happy for Sylvain Roger.”
Picture: Enino du Pommereux edging favorite Ermining d'Oliverie in the final strides of the Criterium des 4 Ans
- Bilibili turns tables in Cornulier romp
- Traders on course for Cornulier double?
- Fortune and misfortune for Bird and Belina
- Bird Parker vies for Belgique double
- [VIDEO] Grand Prix de Belgique
- Cottin ends Cagnes meet on a high note
- Cagnes jumps meet to end on a high note
- Bold Eagle back on track following Bourgogne success
- For Readly Express, “the aim is the Prix d’Amérique, nothing else”
- Amérique winners cross swords in Prix de Bourgogne