Enino provides Roger with first Critérium success
06 May 2018
Saturday’s G.I Critérium des 4 Ans at Vincennes fulfilled every bit of its promise, with a ferocious pace, a tight finish and the four most-backed horses filling the first four places.
There was no surprise to see Franck Leblanc’s Erminig D’Oliverie receiving the lion’s share of support but there was little separating her in the markets from eventual winner Enino Du Pommereux (Jean-Michel Bazire), Express Jet and Earl Simon.
Bazire was quick to react to the blistering pace and although forced to come four-wide around the final turn, he unleashed the Sylvain Roger-trained colt, chased down Erminig D’Oliverie, and won by just the smallest of margins. Express Jet and Earl Simon followed the pair in. Setting a race-record chrono of 1’11”7 (edging Akim Du Cap Vert’s 2014 time of 1’11”8), Enino Du Pommereux equalled his personal best and in so doing offered Roger a maiden success at this level.
Franck Leblanc, whose filly had to settle for second, was gracious in defeat, “It is always frustrating to be beaten by so little, but we saw two champions today and I am very happy for Sylvain Roger.”
Picture: Enino du Pommereux edging favorite Ermining d'Oliverie in the final strides of the Criterium des 4 Ans
- Jockey-Club stars to cross swords at Deauville
- Alpha Centauri all class in Jacques le Marois
- Alpha Centauri the pick of Jacques le Marois field
- Prix Jacques le Marois 2018 runners
- Maurice de Gheest number seven for Freddy Head
- Brando chases further Maurice de Gheest glory
- French trotters making American history this Sunday
- With You canters to Rothschild victory
- [VIDEO] Meeting de Deauville Barrière
- Rothschild trophy to return home