Confirmed Venue Changes
22 May 2020
Racecourses in the designated ‘red-zones’ have been unable to stage race-meetings since 19 May.
The government confirmed that racecourses in green zones can continue to conduct events during this time however red zone regions, which include Hauts-de-France, Grand-Est, Bourgogne-Franche-Comté and Ile-de-France, will not be permitted to do so. These districts are home to key racecourses including Auteuil, Chantilly, Compiegne, Enghien, Fontainebleau, Paris Longchamp and Vincennes with many of these venues having already seen racing since the 11 May resumption.
During the next five days, the following changes have been made to the schedule:
- 23 May – Enghien transferred to Laval, Reims trotting cancelled
- 24 May – Longchamp transferred to Deauville
- 25 May – Saint Cloud transferred to Lyon Parilly, Amiens trotting transferred to Mauquenchy
- 26 May – Auteuil jumps transferred to Clairefontaine, Vincennes trotting transferred to Le Mans
All other venues remain unchanged. Normandy racetrack Deauville will be the beneficiary of some of the abandoned Paris Longchamp races and again will host the Poule d’Essai for the third time in five years.
Other key Group One meetings for thoroughbred, jumping and trotting will be reallocated to alternative venues during the coming days and weeks.
- Impressive Winners of the Poule d’Essai
- Paris Comes to Deauville
- More G3 Success for Spinning Memories
- Outsider Wins Trophy Vert Qualifier
- Duel at Deauville
- Group Action at Mauquenchy
- Confirmed Venue Changes
- Ebonite and L’Autonomie Impress at Auteuil
- Ebonite firmly on course for Grand Steeple
- On The Go to set record straight in Troytown