Belina secures Prix de Paris ahead of Tony Gio
24 February 2019
Although trainer/driver Jean-Michel Bazire had some question marks about his mare during the canter prior to the start of the G.I Prix de Paris this Sunday at Vincennes, Belina Josselyn was fast to reassure her handler by an impressive winning effort in the last leg of the Triple Crown for Trotters, a race she was narrowly denied by Bird Parker one year ago.
Always racing close to the pace, Belina Josselyn accelerated in the home turn and soon went clear to rally comfortably the finish line ahead of Tony Gio who confirmed his recent rebound of form by securing the runner-up spot at 27/1. Carat Williams gave once again everything he had and took the third spot ahead of Cash Gamble.
Only the seventh horse to complete the Amérique/Prix de Paris double, Belina Josselyn has been outstanding all winter at Vincennes. She is not only an exceptional racehorse, she is also trained and driven by an exceptional man Jean-Michel Bazire and one has to say that the recognition would not be complete without mentioning stable-lad Jean-Yann Ricard who has been looking after the mare on a daily basis for the past four years. Team work has paid off !
Picture: Belina Josselyn and Jean-Michel Bazire winning the 2019 Prix de Paris
- Eagle vies for a third Atlantique
- Fabre dominates classic preps
- Classic prospects to the fore at ParisLongchamp
- Imprudence, Djebel solid pointers for first classics
- Ghaiyyath shines in Harcourt. Wertheimers take classic preps
- Bipolaire takes on Le Costaud in Prix Murat
- Goliath du Berlais impresses as Polirico flops in Prix Fleuret
- Olmedo under scrutiny in Prix Edmond Blanc
- Call The Wind to call the tune
- [VIDEO] Dubai World Cup