Belina en route to second Prix de France success
08 February 2019
Winner of the Prix d’Amérique a fortnight ago, Belina Josselyn heads an all-star, but less numerous, cast for Sunday’s Gr.1 Prix de France. Second leg of the Triple Crown, she won this race in 2018 and given how she performed late last month, she can defy the inside draw and double up.
Bold Eagle, who secured this race twice before coming second to Jean-Michel Bazire’s champion mare last time, is decently placed with No.6 on the front line and racing over his preferred 2100m will be no pushover. The mobile start will help him avoid missing the break as he did two weeks ago.
Readly Express, who skipped the race after winning the annual highlight last season, is out for revenge and being drawn 5 will do his prospects no disservice.
Bazire will be further represented by Amérique second and fourth, Looking Superb and Davidson Du Pont, however neither has been accorded a favourable draw.
Traders has been handed the three-spot and will be more competitive than he was last time. Uza Josselyn is on his inside and should give a decent account, as should Billie De Montfort, provided Eric Raffin can position her well in the early stages.
Picture: Belina Josselyn
- Earthlight, Coronet stand out at Deauville
- Stars take to Deauville for high-class card
- Irish deprive locals of Jacques le Marois spoils
- Watch Me out to prove her worth in Jacques le Marois
- Advertise delivers Dettori Group I dozen
- Deirdre springs Nassau Stakes surprise
- Polydream out for Maurice de Gheest double
- Laurens back to her best in Prix Rothschild
- Strong British flavour for Prix Rothschild
- A’Ali proves too strong in Robert Papin