Belina en route to second Prix de France success
08 February 2019
Winner of the Prix d’Amérique a fortnight ago, Belina Josselyn heads an all-star, but less numerous, cast for Sunday’s Gr.1 Prix de France. Second leg of the Triple Crown, she won this race in 2018 and given how she performed late last month, she can defy the inside draw and double up.
Bold Eagle, who secured this race twice before coming second to Jean-Michel Bazire’s champion mare last time, is decently placed with No.6 on the front line and racing over his preferred 2100m will be no pushover. The mobile start will help him avoid missing the break as he did two weeks ago.
Readly Express, who skipped the race after winning the annual highlight last season, is out for revenge and being drawn 5 will do his prospects no disservice.
Bazire will be further represented by Amérique second and fourth, Looking Superb and Davidson Du Pont, however neither has been accorded a favourable draw.
Traders has been handed the three-spot and will be more competitive than he was last time. Uza Josselyn is on his inside and should give a decent account, as should Billie De Montfort, provided Eric Raffin can position her well in the early stages.
Picture: Belina Josselyn
- De Bon Coeur unrivalled in Hypothèse comeback
- Quality in depth for Bois de Vincennes 2019
- Soleil secures first group race of 2019
- Bressou set to strike Troytown note with Blue
- Express clinches Critérium de Vitesse
- Superb match on the cards in Critérium de Vitesse
- Bourbon routs Prix de Sélection field
- Davidson, Bourbon face off in Prix de Sélection
- Belina secures Prix de Paris ahead of Tony Gio
- Belina all set for Grand Prix de Paris bid