- Odds (Live)
- The live odds give an estimation of the chances of winning a horse, i.e an estimation of his winning Win payout. The more a horse is played, the lower will be the ratio. Example: A live odd at 4 means that if you place a Win bet, you will win 4 times your initial stake. Selecting a favourite helps to maximize their chances of winning but the potential of winning is low. However selecting an outsider mean more risks but more chance for high winnings.
- 1) Notice displayed when a race result is confirmed, 2) Used to denote a racing official.
- Pedigree of the horse. Bloodlines.
- A horse whose winning chances are low according to the tipsters or the live odds.
- Surplus weight carried by a horse when the rider cannot make the required weight.
- A person that owns horses and has the license to make the horses run in races.
All times are French times.