- The way of a horse runs. 3 gaits are authorised in France : walk, trotting and gallop. Other gaits exist worldwide: amble, pace…
- Gait judge
- Official in charge of the application of the rules regarding the gaits for trotting races. A gait judge can disqualify a horse for irregular gaits.
- Good to firm.
- Good to soft.
- A male horse of any age that has been neutered by having both testicles removed ( ""gelded"").
- Good (track) or Gd
- A dirt track that is almost fast or a turf course slightly softer than firm.
- Group race
- Established in 1971 by racing organizations in Britain, France, Germany and Italy to classify select stakes races. Collectively called ""pattern races"". Always denoted with numbers 1, 2 or 3. These determine the best international races. The Group 1 are the best one.
All times are French times.