- A starting device used to give the start of the race
- A horse colour that varies from a yellow-tan to a bright auburn.
- Signal sounded when the starter open the gates or, at some tracks, to mark the closed of betting.
- A horse colour which is black, including the muzzle, flanks, mane, tial and legs unless white markings are present.
- A cup shaped device to limit a horse's vision to prevent him from objects or other horses on either side of it. Blinker cups come a variety of sizes and shapes to allow as little or as much vision the trainer feels is necessary.
- A wagering term denoting a combination bet whereby all possible numeric combinations are covered.
- Owner of the dam at time of foaling unless the dam was under a lease or foal-sharing arrangement at time of foaling.
All times are French times.