- PMU has a substantial partnership with the French Football Federation (FFF), which consists of multiple commitments. Regarding professional football, PMU supports all French national teams – that is to say men’s, women’s and U20 teams, along with the Coupe de France (French Cup).
Through the Petits Poucets program, PMU encourages amateur football and rewards the worthiest and most promising team taking part in the Coupe de France - which brings together professional and amateur players - by supplying them with equipment and gear. This represents valuable support for these small clubs.
- In 2011, PMU set up the Club House PMU project. It allows amateur clubs to pick a PMU sales point, a bar or café for instance, to become their Club House. PMU provides them with shirts and supplies. The teams are regularly invited to take part in exciting football events and travels.
- PMU is an official partner of the Paris Saint Germain football club.
- Through its partnership with the French National cycling league, PMU supports the French PMU Cycling Cup which consists of 16 races spread out in the year and throughout the country.
- Since 2005 PMU has been working with the National Rugby League (LNR) on the Top 14 championship (1st division)and the Pro D2 (2nd division). PMU is also a partner of the LNR Fantasy league, a virtual game destined to the general public which draws over 10,000 players.
PMU is therefore involved in the three great sporting passions of France.
- PMU is a signatory of the Charte du Cœur, launched by the RMC-BFM association and l’Oréal. The association raises awareness about cardiovascular diseases and first aid.
PMU funded the installation of heart defibrillators on racecourses and at other sports venues. It has also funded the phone application Arrêt cardiaque that should be used in the event of witnessing a heart failure. It is available on Iphone and Android.
PMU supports the association Mécénat Chirurgie Cardiaque, which gives children living in less-developed countries and suffering from heart malformation the chance to undergo surgery in France. Since 1998, through the Tour de France, PMU donates its profit from the sale of teddy bears in addition to an annual contribution. Since 2003, over 200 children have had the chance to undergo surgery, 50 of them thanks to PMU. www.mecenat-cardiaque.org
- Since 2011 PMU has been funding a program of the prestigious school Sciences Po which integrates former athletes who seek professional reconversion.
- PMU also funds the AFASEC (Association de formation et d'action sociale des écuries de courses). It ensures the training of the employees from the races and stables world and then follows them regarding health and insurance during their whole career.
- Since 2009, PMU is one the Stade de France’s major partners, allowing it to have a broad visibility in the country’s biggest stadium, which welcomes major events, such as football and rugby matches, concerts…
For four years now, PMU has been committed to support contemporary photography by offering the opportunity to promising artists to capture the PMU universe in a distinctive and personal way.
In order to carry out this project named La Carte blanche each year, PMU joins forces with the BAL, an independent venue for the document-image. The artist is selected after a call for ideas, by a prestigious jury presided by Philippe Germond, Chairman & CEO at PMU, and composed of prominent figures from the contemporary art scene.
In 2010 and 2011, Malik Nejmi and Mohamed Bourouissa embraced the challenge. In 2012, it is Olivier Cablat who was chosen to present his vision of PMU’s world. His work entitled “Fouilles” - literally: Excavation - approached PMU in the manner of an archeologist: recording punters’ rituals, amassing promotional objects, classifying horse names, reconstructing landscapes…